LEARN, LAUGH and LIVE
U3A stands for University of the Third Age. It is a university in the original sense of the word: a community of people devoted to learning.
U3A Port Fairy was formed as an initiative of Port Fairy Community House, which auspices it.
U3A Port Fairy opened for membership in November 2018 with first courses commencing February 2019. Our second year of courses and activities began February 2020.
PORT FAIRY U3A Executive — Elected February 2020 at our Annual General Meeting:
Kate Donelan, President
Maggie Currie, Vice President
Maureen Joyce, Secretary
Carole Howlett, Treasurer
Sue Goy, Mary Kerr, Jill Burgoyne and Sue Knudsen
We thank Port Fairy Community House, Moyne Shire Council and U3A Network Victoria for their support. (Please click on the icons below to visit their websites)
CODE OF CONDUCT
U3A Port Fairy is a volunteer association that is built upon the contributions of our members. In order to support the objects of the association members are expected to:
- Work cooperatively with other members
- Value what each member contributes to the association
- Display respect and courtesy for fellow members and refrain from any form of harassment
- Behave with honesty and integrity
- Act responsibility so the reputation of our association is maintained
- Follow the rules, policies and procedures of our association and of the Port Fairy Community House, particularly in relation to safety and wellbeing obligations
- Respect the confidentiality of members’ information
- Use U3A Port Fairy resources appropriately, noting that our programs and equipment are funded predominantly from membership fees
- Resolve any disputes as quickly and informally as possible.
CONTEXT: The principles set out in this Code of Conduct are intended to apply to any U3A related context, including classes, activities, social functions, meetings, conferences, etc. The principles set out in this Code of Conduct apply equally to all members, volunteers, committee members, and any employees.
PROCEDURES: Where a person believes they have been subject to treatment or conduct that is in breach of this Code of Conduct, they may lodge a complaint with the President or Secretary of U3A Port Fairy. The complaint will then be handled by the Committee of Management in a timely and confidential manner.