When? 1st and 3rd Thursday of each month for 1 semester 10.00 am
Reading poetry aloud for pleasure and discussion. Focussing on the power of language to amaze us; to have a deep impact on our senses and emotions.
- Walt Whitman: Leaves of Grass … A huge metaphor in just two lines
- William Carols Williams: Dedication for a Plot of Ground …ANGER!
- Walter de la Mare: The Listeners …. for the haunting imagery
- Banjo Patterson: The Man from Snowy River … Raw Energy
- W B Yeats: When you are Old … unrequited love
And more contemporary poets like
- Lucille Clifton: Homage to My Hips .. power and symbolism
We’ll also explore YOUR passion for poetry, and look at poems about life, death, nature and the human experience.