COURSES FOR 2021 – Semester 2
We are offering a rich, diverse and exciting program of courses and activities for 2021 that will be conducted according to our COVIDSafe plan. To start Semester One there will be three ways that courses will be offered:
- face-to-face – classes in small groups in the Outdoor Classroom at PFCH or well-ventilated room at PFCH (or another venue) with participants wearing masks OR outside in the garden or other outdoor space;
- field trips – in outdoor locations;
- by zoom with members participating in courses, discussion groups and presentations from their own homes.
Semester 2 Courses will commence from August 2021 :
All courses offered are subject to Covid19 regulations, enrolment numbers and available resources.
*Here is the link to the COURSE INFORMATION BOOKLET Semester 2, 2021 with full course description, and proposed schedule.
Requests for online enrolment will be accepted from 21st June and continue as long as places remain available.
Late changes to the courses offered in Semester 2 – Please read the changes that are detailed below after reading the Courses Booklet
The Great Composers…dates as specified, starting at 2.00pm.
The First Australians:…There will be a new cycle, 2nd/4th Friday’s, at the PF Community House. Session times will remain the same 11am to 12, then 1-2 pm, in the Cottage Room of PFCH.
What is Life….will begin in September, on a monthly cycle.
Yoga will be held at St John’ s Church Hall, 10-11.15am. Tuesdays for 7 weeks.
Writing Group will be on 3rd Friday each month,11.30- 1.00 pm, commencing 20th August.
Classic Literature will be 1st/3rd Wednesday, 9.30-10.30am.
Best of the Best: Australian Literature will be monthly, 2nd Friday, 1.00-2.30pm.
Ecology: group 1. 10.00am to 12 midday, group 2. 1.00pm to 3.00pm.
Please meet at the designated monthly field site. Helen Garner group. 130pm -3pm 3rd Thursday of each month
U3A PORT FAIRY COURSES From 2020
- Western Philosophy: Ancient Roots and Modern Thought* Link to Steve’s course page.
- Science Naturally –– Click on this to link to John Miller’s publications, factsheets and photos
- Regional Gallery Visits — This link takes you to our virtual visits during Covid restrictions
- Essays and Ideas – Click on this link to Maggie’s selected essays for reading
- Current Affairs
- Passion for Poetry
- History of Port Fairy
- Earth Wind and Fire
- Stories of Us: Great Australian Literature
- The Great Composers
- 1st Tuesday Book Club
- Wandering the World
- Wars of the Roses
- Movie Club
- Introduction to Bird Watching—Walk, Talk & Gawk
- Theatre Visits
- Port Fairy Sketching
- Introduction to Tai Chi
All courses will be held at the Port Fairy Community House unless otherwise advised.
We also hold occasional lectures and other events.
Can’t find the right course? —– Tell us what activity YOU can facilitate or lead?
More courses and details of days and times will be added as members continue to express their interest and volunteer to facilitate courses or activities.