COURSES FOR 2021
We are offering a rich, diverse and exciting program of courses and activities for 2021 that will be conducted according to our COVIDSafe plan. To start Semester One there will be three ways that courses will be offered:
- face-to-face – classes in small groups in the Outdoor Classroom at PFCH or well-ventilated room at PFCH (or another venue) with participants wearing masks OR outside in the garden or other outdoor space;
- field trips – in outdoor locations;
- by zoom with members participating in courses, discussion groups and presentations from their own homes.
Semester 1 Courses will commence from Monday 8th February 2021 :
All courses offered are subject to Covid19 regulations, enrolment numbers and available resources. Not all courses will commence from 8 February—some will start in March and April.
*Here is the link to the COURSE INFORMATION BOOKLET Semester 1, 2021 with full course description, and proposed schedule.
Requests for online enrolment will be accepted from 29th January and continue as long as places remain available.
Proposed Courses and Small Interest Groups for Semester 1, 2021
|Best of the Best—Aus Lit|
Bridge for Beginners
Cryptic Crosswords Demystified
Ecology of South-west Victoria (Field Trips)
Enquiring into Astrology * Linked info
Essays and Ideas
Family History Group
Fascinating 20th Century Women
First Tuesday Bookgroup
First Nations (First Australians)
Gallery Visits — Regional & Online* Linked info
History of Port Fairy
Introduction to Tai Chi
|Mah Jong |
Mindfulness and Meditation
Plein Air Art Group
Pop-Up U3A Port Fairy
Puzzles and Games
Storytelling: We are the Stories
The First Australians
The Hidden Life of Trees
Walk, Talk and Gawk–Birdwatching
Walking and Coffee Group
Wandering the World — Travellers’ Tales
Wars of the Roses
U3A PORT FAIRY COURSES From 2020
- Western Philosophy: Ancient Roots and Modern Thought* Link to Steve’s course page.
- Science Naturally –– Click on this to link to John Miller’s publications, factsheets and photos
- Regional Gallery Visits — This link takes you to our virtual visits during Covid restrictions
- Essays and Ideas – Click on this link to Maggie’s selected essays for reading
- Current Affairs
- Passion for Poetry
- History of Port Fairy
- Earth Wind and Fire
- Stories of Us: Great Australian Literature
- The Great Composers
- 1st Tuesday Book Club
- Wandering the World
- Wars of the Roses
- Movie Club
- Introduction to Bird Watching—Walk, Talk & Gawk
- Theatre Visits
- Port Fairy Sketching
- Introduction to Tai Chi
All courses will be held at the Port Fairy Community House unless otherwise advised.
We also hold occasional lectures and other events.
Can’t find the right course? —– Tell us what activity YOU can facilitate or lead?
More courses and details of days and times will be added as members continue to express their interest and volunteer to facilitate courses or activities.